• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Stalling kills battery?

syrik7

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey there! I'm new to cycling and fixed up (for the most) an '82 CB750c, in part from lurking on this site, so thank you all for the assistance you all have already provided! I have mostly just been doing drills in a parking lot and am getting pretty confidant. However every once in a while I will let the clutch out a bit too quick and stall the bike. When I do this it won't start back up again, like the battery is dead. I can turn it off using the kill switch and it will start back up no problem.

The obvious solution is just don't stall it, but my next step is taking it out and practicing on some country roads and I don't want to stall at a stop sign in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't seem to find an answer anywhere so I apologize if this has already been addressed a dozen times. I just not sure if that is just something that happens when you stall a larger bike or if it is an indication of a electrical problem.

Back