• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Gauges

jeepinbassist

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently obtained an 81 CB750C. I'm having some speedometer issues. From doing some research I've found that these old bikes are usually off by about 10 or so mph. However mine was layed down by the PO. When I check my speedometer against a GPS it starts off 5mph low and then once I pass 30 it starts to go high. So going 15 it says 20 but going 40 it says 50.

I've been looking at some replacements and I've been leaning towards the Acewell 2853. Although it takes away from the classic look it looks nice. It's digital and is the cheapest I've found that isn't in km/h. http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...o-speedometer-tach-tachometer-19-2853-bk.html

I've also been looking at some of the drag specialties ones but I like the fact that the Acewell is all in one.

Let me know what you guys have done and what you recommend. Thanks.

speedometers aren't off by a certain "MPH" but rather by a certain %, which is why the amount it is off increases as speed does. I'm replacing the gauges on my bobber build but I'm going with one of those cheap "all in one" units from Japan. Mainly just because I like the look..

i know of someone who uses a batt operated digital cheap bicycle speedo from e bay.
i have also done this in the past,,have a car track me and put a notch in the grip and housing at 30 mph and 65 mph.
when i got home i then put whiteout on both spots. when the dots lined up i was doing one or the other speed.

there's a hundred drifferent styles and a million different prices, but this is the basic idea if what I am planning to run.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MPH-KMH-LCD...le-Honda-/161245605198?_trksid=p2054897.l5664

Could very easily (and most likely) be a total POS but for $50, I'll give it a shot.
I was looking at that style but all I was finding was for KMH. Thanks for the link. I think I'll end up getting that one because I like having an analog RPM gauge and digital speed.

Back