• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 triple tree clamp swaps...?

sLoWnStEaDy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
short: What years/makes/models triple tree upper clamps with bolt onto my '80 CB750? Not worried about any mounting point for gauges or anything like that...

long: Hey guys, I picked up a CB750 a couple weeks ago for $100 as I was bored and wanted to build a motorcycle. LOL I've built dozens of cars, figured it was time to give a bike a try. I'm doing fairly well on it so far, just need ideas for an upper clamp. I am looking for a more solid style clamp, not like the hollow junk with the built in risers that came on the bike. I prefer a "junkyard swap" type deal, like "grab an upper from a (insert year/make/model) and you're set." I just need something more solid, I've got some risers on hand already but want to move them in like 1/2"-1" on the upper. obviously, I can't do that with the stock, hollow aluminum foil clamp that is on there without a good bit of reinforcement and what not. I'd rather not go that route if I don't have to.

It doesn't have to be a super pretty flat top, just enough meat that I can work with it.

So, here is what I have: (as you can see, once I shave the risers, there's nothing left)

Here is more what I want. Something smooth on top with a little meat for modifying. This in particular is a CBR600 clamp, just wanted to give an idea what I am looking for.

Now, I have seen people fill the stockers in solid and then mod but that just seems like a pain to me. It will be my last resort...

Guess I'll just take it up an have it filled in and milled down. Not going to get ^^THAT^^ carried away though. LOL

Thanks but I just took it up and had it welded/machined down. Ran me $80 but it was done in an hour and I got to support a small, local business so I can't complain. It turned out pretty good, My risers should be here tomorrow so I should have an update to my build thread where the upper will be shown.

Back