• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1970 cb750 airbox

lelocp

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Dont have an airbox for my 1970 cb750. (just recently bought it from my friend :))
Is it possible to use other year ariboxs. The K0 once are expensive and ive found mid 1970s airboxes for like 40 buxs. Tried running crappy pods but had no luck and the K&n are expensive. Im just trying to get this bike running

Also the bike has an oil leak in the front of the motor near the headers. Is there a gasket that is known to leak within this area. Seems to be leaking near the timing chain.

The oil leak is more than likely the 4 rubber nickels that are under the cam towers on the head. The engine will have to be removed to replace them.

And I think you could fit any CB750 airbox pre 1977 to those carbs, if they are stock.

Stabler,s spot on about the airboxes, The only difference on the later there is a breather connection on the top half that You connect Your existing hose to.

There are differences in the air boxes. The KO was smooth and painted the same color as the rest of the body work where the later are ribbed and plain black. They are also far less restrictive then the rest with larger openings in the airbox. They became more restrictive as the years went on and jetting was leaned out as well. They may physically interchanged but I cant say for 100%

Brainfart D.D. I put a K4 on a K2 the rest I looked at K5 and so on had the same mounting tabs. I believe the boots are the same. Thanks for the correction, Any go on the big bore?

Big bore is running, have about 50 miles on it now, still breaking in and tuning. Now have to save for some bigger carbs.

Back