• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

tail light problems

Stone Blue

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 1978 honda cb750k. I have been doing a cafe style build but i have ran into a problem with the tail light. with the key on lights work correctly except for the no running light. i press the brake handle and the brake light comes on like it should but that its. when i turn the key to "p" the tail light works correctly running light comes on and when i press the brake the brake light comes on. it is the only light that turns on when the key is turned to "p".
i have aftermarket lights on it now they use the same connection and i tried hooking original light up and same problem.

does anyone have an idea where to start looking?

on a side note if this might be part of the problem. when the key is turned on the flasher relay makes noise like a turn signal is on but they are not. The turn signals operate perfectly though. this has been happening since i purchased the bike while the brake light is only recently.

Back