• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1997 Honda CB750 F2 in need of help and guidance on how to disassemble

Kiwister

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Dear users of cb750.com, I am a 16 year old boy who loves his bikes. A couple of years ago my dad bought me this beautiful 1997 Honda CB750F2 for £50 and was rusting away. I told myself that i will restore this bike however I never really had enough time until now. I have been looking online now for a week and I can only find the owner's manual. If anyone on this website has the time to give me detail on how i should go about disassembling the bike and the individual parts of the bikes by category e.g. everything to do with the electrics, the front wheel, rear wheel etc.

Here is the picture of the bike.
photo.jpg

How I learned... I grabbed a spanner and started removing bits at a time.

Seriously you don't give us any idea what condition the bike is in, does it run at all, does it turn over, does the electric work, etc, etc... what's your comfort level with mechanical tasks? I'm the sort that can look at an object and figure out how to take it apart... I'm not afraid to tear things down and have a knack for getting them back the way they came apart.

Agree with Zanthor. Also, take pictures and notes. I am in the middle of an engine teardown. Taking lots of pictures and laying things down in the same orientation as they came out. I use zip ties to keep little assemblies together (i.e. springs & retainers) and making little cardboard stands with holes in them for bolts, valves, etc.

I'm with both those guys. I grew up in the garage with my dad building hot rods and drag cars as well as diagnosing and fixing problems. The easiest for me is to just get in there, keep everything organized, take pictures to compare to (especially if you're trying to pull a part and you discover a little hidden bolt), and get your hands dirty. If you have Snapchat on your phone, you can use it and the draw feature to circle important things then save it to your phone.

if you want a manual try the Haynes or Clymer they are usually pretty helpful with how to take things apart and put them back together

These guys are right dont be scared just get into it
I learned by just doing it

My advice is to take your time about stripping it

and

The more you think about it the worse it gets

Back