• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carbs running excessively rich.97 cb750

Jabonte

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal. My bike is running really rich, its carbon fouling spark plugs left and right (literally went through atleast 16 in the last 3 months trying to get it right.) I made sure the mixture screws were set according to the clymer manual, the diaphragms are in great shape and the floats are also in good shape. I made sure the floats were set right, both the main jets and pilot jets are also correct according to the manual. I cannot find any information on the jet needle though. I've looked all over the internet and in the manuals and there's nothing specific on what kind of needle should be in there. The Jet needles in all 4 carbs are J3JA, if that means anything to anyone. Honestly, the only other thing I can think of thats left, is the jet needle. Obviously the gas mileage is terrible and the plugs are fouling so quick that i can't even ride it anywhere. I have a 4 into 1 exhaust but i don't think that would make that huge of a difference as far as it running as rich as it is. I don't particularly wanna spend 30 bucks a needle just for them to get to my house and them be the exact same ones that are in there already. Anybody have any experience in this field? I'll admit, the carbs are outsmarting me a little bit.

I know you posted up in my thread, but I've honestly thought of just buying all new needles/jets and going from there. Obviously your problem is worse than mine, but I figure to start with the cheap stuff and go from there...

Back