• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1978 SS piston rings??

motogtp

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a new set of piston rings for my Super Sport. The top 2 rings are too thick to fit in the groove. I have been searching the interweb but the best I can come up with is RIK rings for the '75-'77 Super Sport. Is there something different about the '78? Any idea where I can get them? Tried CycleX, Service Honda, and Vintage CB750.

What is the part number of the rings you got? Rings and pistons are hard to come by for the SS but there should be some out there. I didn't know of any differences but there must be because there are different part numbers. If all else fails I know that Perfect Circle will make custom piston ring sets for about $125. Let me know your part number, can you measure the groove and measure the ring thickness so I can compare to some stock K rings.

410 rings

I ordered a new set of piston rings for my Super Sport. The top 2 rings are too thick to fit in the groove. I have been searching the interweb but the best I can come up with is RIK rings for the '75-'77 Super Sport. Is there something different about the '78? Any idea where I can get them? Tried CycleX, Service Honda, and Vintage CB750.

I have a '78 F looking for rings too. how did you make out?? I thought the metric cycle rings were 1.2, 1.2, 2.8 and should fit in the 410 piston././.

I have a '78 F looking for rings too. how did you make out?? I thought the metric cycle rings were 1.2, 1.2, 2.8 and should fit in the 410 piston././.
I took a chance on the set from Vintagecb750.com even though it referenced the '77 and not the '78. It was PN Ref. #13011-392-004 (Std.)

Back