• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

#3 Carb leaking out of float vent tube

Br3adcru5t

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I just picked up this 1980 CB750f Super Sport
i turn the Petcock to on, fire it up, and it dumps fuel out of the vent tube. A decent size puddle after 10 seconds of running. Anyone have any ideas that could point me in the right direction would be very appreciated. I have the carbs off and ready to go, just don't want to rip into them not knowing what to do or what to look for.
The bike runs great, cold start with no choke on the first cranks, just can't be dumping a five gallon tank in a matter of miles.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

more than likely the float /height adjustment or the valve and seat. poke around some and you will find the specs for the adjustment,how to test float for leakage and checking the float valve.

Found the culprit. It wasn't just carb 3 that was leaking, carbs 4,3, and 1 where leaking as well. After about an hour trying different ways to get the leak to stop, I pulled out the float bowl drain screws and only 1 had an o-Rimg

Back