• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Blowing main fuse, traced to to coils??

CB750Todd

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed Dyna S electronic ignition and Dyna coils 6 or 8 months ago and its been great, but recently it started blowing the main15 amp fuse, It doesn't blowing it right away after replacing it, usually after riding it 30 mins or so.... I can turn the key on and touch the fuse and feel it starting to get warm, I turn of the kill switch on handle bars and the fuse cools down.....to make a long story short, I traced the wires from the kill swith, solid black goes to ground and black with white stripe goes to coils....Sooo, I turn on key and leave kill switch on and fuse heats up but I can disconnect the black/white stripe wire at the coils where it splits to each coil and the fuse cools down, plug one of the wires back in and fuse gets hot, pull the one wire back out and fuse cools down, I'll plug in the wire for other coil and fuse gets hot again....I checked all the wires that connect to coils and everything is tight... SOOOO, if anyone followed all of that, is there any advice as to what may be causing the fuse to slowly heat up and blow....

The dyna coils have a habit of shorting internally. Dyna will exchange the coils for half price if they are in fact bad.

I had that happen as well. I didn't trace back all the wires though. I cleaned up the fuse terminals and the problem went away.

Back