• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 CB750 DOHC carburetor ID question

Hippie459MN

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I have a question, on my 1979 CB750 (Motor is also a 1979 as I have checked the numbers just to make sure) I was looking at carb rebuild kits and parts and noticed something odd that leads me to believe that these CV carbs are off an 80-82 due to the differences I am finding when looking for parts.

The carbs I have, have the 80-82 style needle and the plastic floats used on the 80-82 models as where the 79's look to have rubber floats. Is there any way to make sure what year carbs these are for. Also, my pilot screws are really weird and I think the washers are missing from them that go in with the spring. Not sure if that will cause any issues or not but none of them have the washers in there.

I do notice that most the parts are for 79-82 but there are a few parts that look to be 79 only and the other 80-82 so just want to make sure I am getting the right parts for this thing. I will include a picture of my weird looking pilot jet screws in a bit. I have to pull the carbs back off to replace the accelerator pump. It has a tiny tiny tear in it and thats what lead me to this whole adventure here. lol

CB750 Carb Differances.jpg

And here is the goofy looking pilot jet screw on my carbs. Im wondering if they are not even the correct ones as no pictures anywhere that I see have this style tab on the top of the screw (Or even the tab off the bowl). All the other ones I see the screw heads are pretty much flush with the carb base to allow for adjustment as where these are not at all.

IMG_20140612_220534.jpg

To do any kind of adjustment you have to take the bowls off so that pretty much defeats the purpose so who knows. And yes, I know the two outside bowls are swapped around. I just put them back on there to take the picture. lol

Back