• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'77 CB750K carb rebuild ... will kit for 750F work?

hje_326

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've cruised through the cb750 part sites and have been unable to find a rebuild kit specifically for the '77 750K. Will the kits for the 750F work?

Well a lot of times you need a gasket or o-ring here or there. Usually all of the jets will clean up if you have a proper way to clean them. I rarely have to replace parts in carbs when I clean them other than rubber things. I'd pull 'em apart and see what you need.

hJE, I am in the same boat as you. 1978 CB750K with the Kei Hin carbs (PD42B). The 77-78's apparently use a very different kit than any other years and I am findingthem a rare find.

I did contact CB750supply.com and inquired when they would have kits in stock. Here's the reply:

We will be receiving a shipment November 26th. We can send you an email if you would like for us to when the parts arrive.

Thank you,

CB750 Supply

So I am going to try to reuse the bowl gaskets with a thin layer of sealer to help them along. The o rings can be found at a hardware store and the top gaskets can be reused or cut from some thin paper gasket material. The jets and needle are going to be gently and thoroughly cleaned and reused. If that doesn't work, the aforementioned kits are $15 each.

Back