• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

First Cafe Build, Someone help me out!!!!!!!! 93 CB 750 Nighthawk

JABearden

CB750 New member
Reaction score
My Baby.jpg

Hey guys, brand new to the forum. So I just bought myself a 93 CB750 and its in OK shape, could use some work and thats why I have turned to you guys.

Suspension: I noticed when I test rode the bike was the extremely soft front forks. Can literally dive them to bottom out just by rockin it back and forth. Guy i bought it from had it for his first bike so i guess he didnt realize this is wrong. Then again I've never had anything but sport bikes so maybe I'm wrong and just not used to the softer suspension. Gonna check the fork seals and the fluid level and see if the fluid might be low. Also the bike came with a second set of forks so I'll slap those on and see if there is a difference. To wrap up my suspension questions, are there any sport bike inverted forks that i can swap in? Love the sporty feel of the sport bike forks (I LOVE a little knee draggin). Also it has cheapo rear shocks, so I need to replace them. Would prefer to not kill my pocket so donor bikes for both front and rear would be better than buying aftermarket

Braking: The the bike came with the single front rotor but came with a second rim that has two rotors and includes the calipers. What will I need to put on the rim with the 2 rotors? New master cylinder?

Shifting: When I was test riding it I noticed that the shift pedal had a very long throw. I kept ending up in neutral, any way to shorten this?

Carburetors: The bike is missing 2 air filters so I'm just gonna replace them all. Best brand? Why? Also jet kits? What stage? Can I do this myself if I have a maintenance manual? Only ever had fuel injected bikes so this is foreign territory to me.

Exhaust: Has a chrome 4-into-2 but I'm goin for the blacked out look so I wanna replace them with a black 4-into-4 exhaust. Is there someone that makes a system for my bike or will it have to be custom? Also will I have to do any carb work after this? (Once again I'm brand new to the carb'd bikes)

Tank: Tank has a pretty decent dent in the side so I need a new one. Best place to get a new tank?

Fork feel will change a little based on the weight of oil you use. A Forum Search should give you some ideas. Shifting throw - you could shorten the shift lever or if you went to a set of rearsets you would have a lot of adjustability in where you fix the link to the lever arms. Carbs & exhaust - from what I've read on this Forum going from the stock airbox to pods generally needs bigger jets as opposed to exhaust changes which has a smaller impact. However, if you are going to 4 into 4 straight pipes that is another story. Either way carbs are relatively easy to work on and if you are going to be doing jetting changes it would be good to have a manual. Good luck.

Back