• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil Change duration

dan1951

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone push there oil changes past 1K. miles? I,m using Amsoil with a Wix filter not that it matters but gets pretty pricey for only that many miles.

Depends on how hard you ride it or how little you ride it. I use Amsoil in my CBR and I put 2000 miles per oil change. I dont use it in my 750 because it causes my starter clutch to slip.

everyone has their own opinions on this. mine is it depends on climate and how the machine is used. does it sit outside uncovered in the weather or does it go for weeks not being ridden? if so it attracts moisture in the oil and brake fluid and should be changed whenever you can. seeing as you are in a moderate and not a desert climate nor sandy,you use a good qaulity oil and if it is ridden regularly and not thrashed,i dont see any reason you cannot go a couple thousand miles between changes.

lubrication is the key.

I have a vintage Clymer manual covering the 69-73 models, This is where I got the 1K interval from, I,m going to let it go for 2K this time since I do not beat on it, Thanks Guys.

Back