• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

82 cb750f, jetting for 7,000ft

bjbrenden

CB750 Member
Reaction score
With the electrical fixed and the carbs clean as a whistle I am in need of tuning advice. I ordered rebuild kits from vintagecb750.com and they came with a 35 idle jet, a 68 primary main and 75 secondary main jet. Stock is apparently supposed to be 68/102. So, I had purchased 98s for my secondary (I was under the impression that the rebuild kit would come with 68/102 stock spec jets). I live in Flagstaff at an elevation of 7,000ft and know I need to lean this bad boy out. Well, the 98s fouled the plugs immediately. I put the 75s in and I'm still running rich with my AF screw all the way in, that's ZERO turns out.

I've searched all over this forum and cant find an answer or place to start so I'm reaching out. Is there a smaller jet size than 75? does that sound insane to anybody?

Other info:

4 into 2 exhaust and the PO put effing pods on it...stock airbox being searched for currently. floats are set at 15.5mm, stock plugs, new plug wires, 68/75 jets installed. Idles really nice at 900rpm. after about five minutes and a little throttle (3500-5000rpm) she really bogs down and just doesn't want to run.

Back