• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rear wheel/ tire help requested!

vineyardcb750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Dunlop K70s for my '73 CB750k and everything pointed to them being fine. The front wheel went on great, the rear? I can pass the rim right through the tire. The tires are 18" , the rim measures 18" (at the outermost point, not where the bead sits) but the tire I took off it was a 13/70 - 17. Is it possible that the previous owner put a different rim on? the spokes and hardware all match the front so I never even imagined it might not be the original rear wheel.

Am I missing anything? has anyone ever run into this? I'm just trying to find answers before I go through the pain of returning the tires and ordering new ones.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
kara

Sounds like someone replaced that rear wheel. I believe later models had smaller rear rims that were a direct swap, probably what happened to yours. I just put a 18" K70 on a 18" rear wheel on my K5 and it fit just fine.

Yep,
There are a few different rim sizes out there.
My 73 for example has a 16" rim in the rear. It was a popular conversion back in the 70s

Back