• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

ok hears goes another carb issue

runningbuck

CB750 Member
Reaction score
ok I am working on an 82 750 Night Hawk aka (cb750 sc) when I got the bike it ran rough and barley ran got it home and took the carbs of knew they would need cleaning found out they had the intake boots on in reverse I think they had air leaks as I could see they were not flush next to the motor cleaned the carbs got out some junk out of them set the idol screws to 1.5 turns out found out that the choke bars did not work the way they had them set up so I reconfigured then so that they would open and close correctly, checked the floats they are the plastic type no adjustments took carb cleaner and blasted every hole I could find to clear them out put it all back together fought to reinstall the carbs finally got them in and started the bike it starts up and runs at about 4000 rpm I tried to adjust the idol with the idol adjust screw and the idol jets with no luck let it run for a few minutes found out that exhaust pipes 1, 3 and 4 turned blue but pipe 2 did not then found that one of the studs was jb welded to the block and was sitting their rattling jb weld did not hold lol something else I have to fix some how but back to the problem any idea's on the high idol I aam thinking on taking the carbs off and trying to bench sync the carbs they might be way out heck the choke did not work till I fixed them so they may be out of sync also any other ideas
Thanks for your time and effort Running Buck banghead.gif

Yes, a bench sync might do the trick with the high idol. If not, check for vacuum leaks. Even a small rip in your intake boot would do it.
Last but not least, use a "." Every now and then. Makes it easier to read.

Back