• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wiring Harness question

wbradshaw6

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Question for the forum:

I purchased what I thought was a 1976 CB750K last year and I am going to convert it to a cafe racer. After purchasing, I have found out that the engine is from a 1976 k, the frame is for a 1974. Given the frame and engine don't match, I have no idea what parts are for what year. I am assuming that my bike is a Frankenstein created by the previous owner. I am going to tear the bike down to the frame and rebuild it up with new parts and sell off the old stuff. I am going to replace the wiring harness but I do not know what year I need. vintagecb750.com offers wiring harnesses for 73-75 and then 76, which should I use? Does it matter? At the end of my project most of everything is going to be replaced with updated parts (headlight, speedo, tach, no turn signals, brake light, etc,) so what harness should I get? Thank you for the help!

I am doing the same thing but with a 1979, I noticed "vintagecb750.com" only sells parts for the SOHC (up to 1978) Does anyone know where to get wiring harness for the DOHC bikes?

Back