• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

No lights, no nothin

phano7699

CB750 New member
Reaction score
SO I picked up a 1978 cb 750 Four k at an estate sale for cheap $ and to my surprise it runs great. at least until a few days ago. I turned the key and nothing, no indicator lights.., nothing! I has a new battery that I checked for a charge because I have been known to leave the key in the "on" position from time to time. Battery has full charge and I am clueless about electrical systems in general. Learning as I go on this on and want to get back in the saddle soon.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I would start with the main fuse. My bike sat neglected for years before I bought it. While tearing it apart I noticed the fuse box was actually melting and distorted.The fuses were barely held in place. It's under the left side panel. Careful when you pull it off, those get brittle over time and the pins can snap off.
Hope you don't mind if I ask how much? I know I'm going to cry.

Hey Daren,
Thanks for the reply. I thought the same thing but changing the fuses didn't help. Still stumped.
I paid $350 and it was worth every penny (once I get past this electrical glitch,
Any more feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Braun

Hey Daren,
Thanks for the reply. I thought the same thing but changing the fuses didn't help. Still stumped.
I paid $350 and it was worth every penny (once I get past this electrical glitch,
Any more feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Braun

Yes, I'm crying.
Unfortunately if the obvious isn't obvious, then a multimeter and wiring diagram are needed.
You will have to trace down where power from the battery ends. Check the grounding didn't get loose while riding it,
work forward from the battery positive terminal and see at which point you get no more juice.
Could be a bad wire on either side of the main fuse. The wiring diagram is easily found all over the web,
here's one,

http://www.fitdownload.com/wiring-diagram/honda-cb750k3-k7-wiring-diagram-59382.html

good luck.

Before you get carried away check the ignition switch. They are notorious for grounding out for no apparent reason. The contacts inside don't last very long. I took a 76 CB400F around the block one time and had to push it back cause it quit running, no lights, nothing. It was the switch. You can get replacement switches with keys at motorcycle shops or on eBay. Good luck.

Back