• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

charging system affecting turn signals?

he_revolts

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi! I found a nicely restored 1978 CB750 SS that I am interested in possibly purchasing. When I questioned the current owner he said the only thing wrong with it is a bad stater & bc of that the turn signals nor the horn will work. He says he rides it daily using the kick start & has to charge the battery every few days in order to have headlight & tail lights. My question is are the turn signals & horn powered from the charging system or could this bike have a potential wiring issue? Can the stater/rotor/rectifier resolve this problem. I already have one project bike (1982 CB750K) & don't need two projects! Thanks for any advice!

In my experience the flasher does have a threshold voltage that must be met in order to flash. However, the turn signals should come on (but not flash) at a nominal 12V. If they don't come on it likely is a wiring issue.

Thanks motogtp! You have pretty much reaffirmed what my gut was telling me. I have since decided to let that opportunity go. There is a mod vs rockers event a couple of hours away this wkend. Hoping I find some treasures there. If nothing else maybe parts for the 82 750 I'm currently wrenching on.

Back