• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Ballistic Battery

aeromech

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Ballistic Performance Components Lithium battery? Its supposed to be crazy small and light. I'm contemplating picking one up and was just checking if anyone has anything to say about them.

Last edited:
If you read the fine print on these batteries, they don't like to be charged with over 14 volts and a lot of older bikes kick out 14.5 volts on the high end.

I use Lithium batteries in my other passion and Grepper is right on that they are very finicky about charging. They let you know there is a problem by using the "Burst and Flame" method.
Do plenty of homework.

We use them a lot for RC airplanes. Yeah we abuse them pretty hard but they rarely just stop without special circuitry.
Think of the Boeing Dreamliner issue last year...yep, Lithium.
I don't want to cast a bad light on them, they are a great lightweight high capacity method of power and have a great track record overall, especially in cell phones. I just wanted to point out there can be serious problems if they aren't handled properly.:thumbsup:

Back