• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New CB750 owner here

jgreen

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jon, and I am the proud new owner of a 1971 CB750 K1. The motorcycle was purchased new by my Step-father, and has not been ridden since about 1980. He has maintained it to some degree by occasionally changing the fluids and starting it up once in a while. He recently surprised me by getting the bike running and handing over the title and keys to me as an early birthday present.

She still needs some TLC as he modified the bike to be a hooligan type bike back in the day, and I want to restore it to something closer to original. The bike runs like a top for sitting for so long.

I look forward to all of the great advice and the wealth of knowledge I'm sure this forum will offer.

Attachments

• 20140522_195320.jpg
    20140522_195320.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 86
Welcome, I'm from the mitten as well, a bit closer to Grand Rapids though.
If it's rideable for long distances, check out the Vintage Bike Show at the Gilmore car Museum http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/events.php?s=vintage-motorcycle-show-swap-meet
The best vintage bike show in Michigan, I never miss it. Always a few cb750s there. I'll be there on my Yamaha xs650 Bobber, while my wife will be riding my 78 xs650. My CB750 is not ready for the road yet :(

Back