• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Center stand removal

Daren

Daren
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
any advice for center stand removal would be much appreciated.
In particular the spring. Is there a trick to removal other than brute force?
thanks

For spring removal and install I just use a automotive brake spring R&R tool. I bought one at Sears years ago but I,m sure there are available at many other sources.

I always just use force to pop it out. I've seen people extend the spring and stick pennies or washers in between the coils, then there is play when the tension is off.

I always just use force to pop it out. I've seen people extend the spring and stick pennies or washers in between the coils, then there is play when the tension is off.

Great, this is one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments. Sometimes the simple solutions elude us.
Will most definitely try this as I do not have a spring removal tool.
thanks.

Great, this is one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments. Sometimes the simple solutions elude us.
Will most definitely try this as I do not have a spring removal tool.
thanks.

anything with a hooked end that you can grip and pull can be a spring removal tool. i bought a 7 piece pick set from harbor freight,,4 small and 3 large. one of the large ones has the hooked end and i have been using it on lawnmower springs for a few years now. when it comes down to it,,a long screwdriver or drill bit and maybe a cheater pipe to pry it off.

Thanks guys, not really an option for me. I tried it and don't have the leverage needed to budge that thing.
I'm just not He-Man anymore.
I like the penny method.

Back