• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

RIGHT HANDLE BAR SWITCH BLACK WIRE with RED TRACER

1974 CB750K..has a new switch...where does the black wire with red tracer go..can't find a connection in the bucket

Did you buy a replacement from another model? The 74K has no black and red coming from the switch assembly. In later models it kills the headlight while the starter is engaged. Your wiring harness may have no way use that connection.

Daren,s right about the model. The blk/red wire is present on the F model print, According to that print it goes to the 15amp.main fuse, Somewhere in the bucket there must be a 12volt blk. connector.

thanks....yeah its an aftermarket switch from a previous year, it also has a on off switch for the headlamp.. When I turn that swich on/off there is no power to that black with red tracer wire. There are no other black reds in the bucket. The harness is a 74. hmmm

thanks....yeah its an aftermarket switch from a previous year, it also has a on off switch for the headlamp.. When I turn that swicth on/off there is no power to that black with red tracer wire. There are no other black reds in the bucket. The harness is a 74. hmmm

When you say "aftermarket" do you mean not made by Honda? Which year? Maybe put up an image.
It's possible to incorporate that switch to turn off the headlight by wiring it into the circuit. I've seen people place a toggle switch onto the bucket to manually turn off the headlight while starting. The thought is the headlight puts too much load on the battery while the starter is trying to use it. Less load, more balls for the starter motor. But realistically if your bike kicks over immediately, then I can't see how it could be an issue.

Back