• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Greetings all enthusiasts, Help needed with oil leak

Bohnzye

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently acquired my Uncles 1978 Honda cb750 k ss and I have no manual for it as of yet and was hoping somebody could help me identify an oil leak. I snapped a picture of the device/sensor that is leaking but I'm not sure what its called.? http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/Bohnzye/20120628_141315.jpg Sorry, I should provide specifics..zzzz. This device is on the very bottom of the engine closer to the shifter side and has one electrical lead going to it. The picture is alot clearer as viewed at the photobucket web site...thankyou.

Last edited:
That is the neutral indicator sensor. It has an oring around it that seals it to the case. It is more than likely the oring is hard but I have seen the sender leak before also. Just the one small bolt holds it in. It will probably be suck in there pretty good, there is no easy way and you may break the sender getting it out. Try taking it out first but you may end up needing to get a new sender anyway.

Wow, Thanks for the quick response Belle and the linky. Wealth of information technical and maintenance. You guys are awesome........

Hey dirtdigger, Really appreciate the heads up. I'm gonna try to spray it with Blaster and let it soak. Hopefully it doesen't break off in the engine case. This bike sat idle in my mom's garage for almost 25 years so I have my work cut out for me. You fellas really are terrific.

Back