• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Slow down now! (Master Cylinder Question)

zanthor

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So looking at options to rebuild the brakes on my 1978 CB750K and I found the complete aftermarket master cylinder for $100, but the bit about the brake light makes me wonder how one then connects brake lights to this system...

Capture.JPG

For $80 delivered I can get all the parts I need to rebuild the existing master cylinder, which is working but leaks fluid... So the extra $20 to not have to muck with the rebuild seems like an obvious win.

Thanks,

Will

So, from looking at the 78 K parts diagram for the MC, it looks like the stop switch is incorporated into the MC, where in earlier years they put a pressure switch in the junction under the headlight. If I'm correct the 78K only has one caliper so if your willing to use an early junction and possibly change out the hoses too, you can put in a pressure switch.

If it were me, I would either rebuild the MC you have or buy an after market one with a switch incorporated.

i have never undestood a use for a front brake light. everytime i pass a trooper pulling out behind me or making a u turn over to my side of the road,,i can slow down some without being obvious with the brake light.

i have never undestood a use for a front brake light. everytime i pass a trooper pulling out behind me or making a u turn over to my side of the road,,i can slow down some without being obvious with the brake light.

Color me crazy, but I just don't speed... Got that out of my system when I was young and dumb (and supporting the state of Kansas with my speeding fines.)

Color me crazy, but I just don't speed... Got that out of my system when I was young and dumb (and supporting the state of Kansas with my speeding fines.)

know what you mean,,i have paid thousands to la. in fines thru the years,oddly enough though never any from riding a bike.
with the military and rednecks here though the troopers dont much care,they are always looking to ticket in this part of the durty south.

That kit above is for the earlier 750 that used the brake light switch in the brake hose manifold that is bolted to the lower triple tree. The reason there is a brake light switch for the front brake is because not everyone uses the rear brake and US Dot mandates brake light to activate whenever brake is depressed. Your front brake is your main brake anyway.

Back