• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Where can I find boots to adapt a CV carb to non-CV heads?

FlyingWildAlabama

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a '73 CB750 chopper. The PD style carbs have been subjected to ham-fisting and are now garbage. I have two sets of CV carbs from '81 model CB750's. I have always liked the driveability of CV carbs on other stock bikes. So, I'd like to use the CV carbs in place of my PD carbs. However, this is not a stock bike. It has been bored and stroked to over 900cc and has four into two 2.5" pipes that dump out right behind the sprocket and breathes/sounds great. Anyway, does anyone know of any carb isolators that would allow the use of CV carbs in place of PD carbs. I may have to weld up some adapters out of stainless tube and use straight boots, but I'd rather not if there's already some boots out there that would work.

Look on line for silicon turbo boots you should be able to find the angle you need and then cut to fit and clamp, they worked great for my late model carbs.

Back