• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Bought my first cb750,but now needing electrical advice

bad92bird

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So as of last night I am now the proud owned of a 82 cb750f (murdered out bobber, super pumped about it). Problem now is I got it really cheap (400$) knowing it was a project and had electrical issues. I spent alot of time today trying to figure out y im getting no power at all, no starter, no headlight, tail, gauges, neutral safety light, like literally nothing.
Put a fresh batt in and pulled apart every single wire connection and cleaned them all but still nothing. I jumped the starter solenoid across and the motor cranks no problem. Iv come across a 4 wire connection in the headlight bucket that I belive are for the front turn signals (front turns have been deleted). Also found a single wire coming off coil pack mounting bolt thats going to nothing? I have also found on the starter solenoid there is a factory 2 wire plug that looks like there should be a factory harness there but cant locate anything? I can post pics tomorrow afternoon once I figure how to do it on this site.
The bike also came with 2 boxes of extra parts that included a complete ignition with key. I swapped them out thinking bad ignition switch but made no difference.
Any advice as to what to check or possible solutions would be much appreciated. Im a full time auto mechanic so dont be afraid to get to technical. This just happens to be my first motorcycle and im stumped. Thank u in advance for any help.

here is a basic simplified diagram for it,i would rewire the whole bike but it is your choice. this should help and show ya the connections for the coil and solenoid and everything else. if the pic is to small just click it and it should enlarge.

DOHCWire.gif

Back