• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil covering air cooler lines and leak below crankcase

andrewicus

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm tracking down a couple oil leaks on a bike I recently purchased. It looks as if the oil is actually dripping down from the top of the air cooler lines. I see no trace of oil on the oil cooler itself, but the lines are saturated. Any idea how that could happen and what a possible solution is?

I had a rear brake hose like that (cup to master cylinder). Hose had dried up over the years and an internal crack developed. No evidence of a leak when sitting but if you pushed the brake lever down hard it would weep. Didn't take much to saturate the line. Solution was to replace the hose.

I had a rear brake hose like that (cup to master cylinder). Hose had dried up over the years and an internal crack developed. No evidence of a leak when sitting but if you pushed the brake lever down hard it would weep. Didn't take much to saturate the line. Solution was to replace the hose.

So does oil actual move though these air cooler lines? I thought only air did. That's why I was confused (sorry for my ignorance).

I meant oil cooler lines. Lines connecting oil cooler with the oil filter box. Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 4.15.42 PM.jpg

Yes oil does run through this. Need to start looking for a new or good used oil cooler. If it was mine I would cut the metal crimp off both ends of each line and replace the rubber lines. You can get high pressure oil line or transmission cooler line and use hose clamps(two on each end for a total of 8). Not sure if you are up to it, if not you will need to find a new cooler assembly.

@motogtp
I'm having the same trouble and am hard time finding the exact dimensions of the hose (length, inner and outer dims). Do you remember? I think I'd like braided stainless.

There's way more than one cooler install on the bikes and since you have not mentioned a year or model your question is impossible to answer. Several different lengths of cooler lines used.

750F in that year has no oil cooler unless somebody put one on it and it may not have anything to do with OEM one, meaning no lines fit. You have to make them yourself.

Back