• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Guy with potential first CB purchase

MLProd-NYC

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello CB community,

Just wanted to introduce myself,My name is Max I live in Brooklyn NY and I'm here to ask you some questions about a bike I'm currently looking at.
It's a 79 model, with an 83 engine swap. Guy restored the bike, changed the shocks, new tires, new front brakes, converted from 4 to 1, got the bike running again rode it for a bit and it has been sitting outside (covered) since then. It's been two years...
I looked at it yesterday, it seems like it would have a good potential for a project bike, but I have some concerns especially regarding the engine (its compression etc...)
I jut wanted to get some feedback, if you guys think it's crazy, this thing will never run again, or if you think it might be doable?
I'm not an awesome mechanic, but I've had my hands on before, use to have some 2strokes bike, raced gokarts and cars. BUt never worked on an old baby like this one.
I know it's hard to tell just based on a few info and some photos, but I'd appreciate any kind of feedback.
Here is a link to a dropbox to look at some photos I took last night.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ukio0zb86cuafkk/a0gkgKhUIL

Cheers!

Back