• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Proper Stator Resistance

myers756

CB750 New member
Reaction score
So I have a 78 750F that I am building and I have had the stator rebuilt and in my manual it says the "rated resistance" is 0.2ohms. I'm wondering if that has to be exact or is that around about number. After the rebuild the stator reads 0.4 to 0.7 ohms resistance. Is this b/c I do not have it hooked up to the bike and this has no electricity running through it or what? and if that is not the proplem will these resistance values cause any proplems with charging.

The field coil and rotor are both in good repair and it does have a new battery but like i said none of this is installed on the bike yet.

Here is what I have been told. Across the Green and White wires the resistance should be 7.2 ohms. Between any of the yellow wires the resistance should be 0.2 ohms. And you need to jump around on the yellow wires to check each against the other two. Once installed the battery voltage should be around 12V at idle (900-1100 rpm) and around 14.5V at 4,000 rpm.

Back