• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

For Sale - 1975 CB750 Tank and petcock/ key for sale cheeeeeaaap!

CB750-Bobber

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill post pics later...tank with key along with a cleaned ready for rebuild petcock for 75 bucks plus shipping...tank has to mini dimples and some clear coat worn through..has some rust inside but is deff clean-able..let me know

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is that original paint on that? I just paid $200 for an original tank in Candy Buccus Olive which is the wrong color/year for my bike, (1974) Honda also changed the petcock from right to left, as I'm sure most people know. Mine is a '75, Planet Blue, it was called, and I thought I would never find one so I bought the aforementioned. They are getting hard to find on EBay, at least, and repops are $1000! Anyway, my bike is a rider not a museum pc., bought it off orgiginal owner with 15 thousand miles and did some stuff. I have another whole story about finding paint for side covers, etc., but that is a long one. You couldn't make this shit up sometimes? It runs and rides; I thought the tank was leaking, it has some rust inside, but seems to have stopped, I don't know. I wasn't keen with changing colors, tanks, or much other than riding and keeping the old girl goin' , but alas, restoration, however minor, requires parts, time and money. Probably ought to just send it, I'm gettin too old and beat up to ride anyway.

I hear ya...between my 2 vintage bikes I've been through some "comical" parts aquisitions as well. Regarding the tank..its original..not perfect..but is there..i believe a wet sand..touch up with a fine brush and rattlecan clear would suffice...but im no painter..lol petcock just needs orings/gaskets..pretty much mint otherwise..

I still have the aforementioned '74 CB750 Candy Buccus Olive gas tank with petcock and cap in good condition. I paid $200 plus shipping recently, so that's what I gotta have out of it. Rich

Back