• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'74 CB750 4 to 1 header on '78 CB750K - Will it fit?

Union Jack

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 4 to 1 header for my '78 CB750K8. My friend has a '74 CB750 with 4 to 1 exhaust which he doesn't want, so he asked me if I want to buy it from him. This exhaust is exactly what I'm looking for but I'm not sure it will fit my '78. So... will it fit?

if you change the exhaust flanges on your head to the early style it for sure will. the early ones have flanges that screw into the head and use clamps ,the later have studs in the head that use shims under the collars to hold the pipe.

i have an unkown 4 in one on my 78 engine,the diameter of the pipe was larger than stock so i made it work running only one of the half moon shims under the collar. if it is a local friend ask him to let you try fitting it first.

Thanks! I'll check it. When looking on the exhaust flanges prices, I think it will be more logical to buy new headers that will fit '78 bikes.

Thanks! I'll check it. When looking on the exhaust flanges prices, I think it will be more logical to buy new headers that will fit '78 bikes.

it's all good. i would try your friends system first before buying new though. my header was unknown but the guy i got it from had nothing but early 750 in his garage so i suspect it was for a early model. went to put it on and the collers would not slide over both shims. i looked closer and it was a little larger diameter than the stock sized pipes ,so i just used one shim per pipe.

Back