• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Any downside to a big bore?

Bonwit

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Kind of new to CBs, but not classic bikes. I've been wanting to buy an early K bike and found a '73 in good stock appearance. The owner said it has been professionally bored to 850 with new pistons about 1,000 miles ago. My question is, are there any issues with boring the 750 barrels to this extent? Any problems with reliability, difference in sound, etc?

Also, is 4k a reasonable price to pay for a clean, original paint (with a scuff and some clear coat damage around the filler) bike? There are a few new parts, progressive springs, chain, battery, braided lines, electronic ignition, etc. Also, carbs were rebuilt when the engine work was done.

Thanks for the info!

No problems with that size, been done ever since these bikes came out.

Prices very so much depending on so many things. The closer to original the more you can get. Stock exhaust brings more money. Original paint in good condition brings more money. Different areas seem to bring more money then other areas. Kelly Blue Book is $3600. $4000 is more then I would pay, but if you would be doing the big bore, springs etc anyone on a bike you were to buy then it may be a good deal because it is already done. If it looks good and motor sounds and runs good then it may not be too bad.

Back