• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

HELP!! Bike cutting out after about 15 minutes of ride time!

1979CB750

CB750 New member
Reaction score
i JUST picked up this bike and aparently i didnt ride it long enough to see that it just wants to DIE after riding for about 15 minutes. i give it gas and it just boggs like its out of gas at ALL rpms. i let it sit for 5 minutes and its good to go again. even if i let it idle for 5 minutes it runs strong as hell like there was never a problem =/

thinnngs i have done to the bike so far
i have replaced stator rotor and i am getting 14 v across battery.
new gas
and cleaned it......
bike does need a new clutch but i dont think this is related.
1979 DOHC cb750 cafe
thanks, chris.

I can't remember exactly how to do it, but it's easily found. Check your coils. Sometimes when ignition coils are on their way out they work fine when cool, but start to fail when hot.

i JUST picked up this bike and aparently i didnt ride it long enough to see that it just wants to DIE after riding for about 15 minutes. i give it gas and it just boggs like its out of gas at ALL rpms. i let it sit for 5 minutes and its good to go again. even if i let it idle for 5 minutes it runs strong as hell like there was never a problem =/

thinnngs i have done to the bike so far
i have replaced stator rotor and i am getting 14 v across battery.
new gas
and cleaned it......
bike does need a new clutch but i dont think this is related.
1979 DOHC cb750 cafe
thanks, chris.
The gas cap vent is stopped up. Start there.

If not the cap, what do the plugs look like. I also had a coil ground come loose. Finally figure it out when I got a shock off the tank right before it started dying.

Back