• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Let's see your CB750

Here’s some progress on mine not much left.
55ad268bc7cdf10539fb6c233f65c68e.jpg
Very cool. Is that a Custom?

Took the bike outside still need to be wired.
68110ea234bc3b644572f779859aa4c8.jpg
669e1bd3807cf7390d553bc3ca064714.jpg

Attachments

• 68110ea234bc3b644572f779859aa4c8.jpg
    68110ea234bc3b644572f779859aa4c8.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 1
New Project

Just acquired this 1970 K0 with 11K actual miles.....runs great. I will do a complete cosmetic reconditioning of the old girl. Four pipes are a must!

Attachments

• k01.jpg
    k01.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 142
Just acquired this 1970 K0 with 11K actual miles.....runs great. I will do a complete cosmetic reconditioning of the old girl. Four pipes are a must!

That's the same exhaust that's on mine but mines got a little damage on it. Let me know if you're willing to ship it when you remove it as well as a price. I may be interested.
Still considering a 4-1 unit in the future as well.

Thought I’d add my progress.

Engine implanted back into frame and it’s looking good! This is still a work in progress, but satisfied I’m at his point. Could not have been possible without the help of this forum and the community, thanks a ton [emoji120]

dc43c80b0d083cafa2a398f7bc1d9960.jpg

0498d22bce3fa7e5f671a6c0111d83a2.jpg

8cf12456bf007e92ec0ef038a487d39e.jpg

bobber1.jpg

My Girl!!!!!
Charging issues have kept me on short rides with some LONG walks, pushing her home, but i wouldn't change it for the world. I'm trying to sort out a 7-wire rectifier wiring mess as we speak

20180810_185031.jpg

This is the first day I brought her home, mostly a 77. My goal is to hear her run this fall. Then clean her up all winter, to ride next spring. I will keep you posted.

Sorting out some carb issues (CA gas is just killing them, is my guess) and found CB750.com.

An impressive amount of info and some nice rebuilds!

This is my 1972...

CB750 1972 Lt Front.jpg
CB750 1972 Rt Rear.jpg
CB750 1972 Rt Engine.jpg

Thats a clean bike, I love original look builds.

Thanks. I can't take credit for a resto though. I've had it for 11 years and bought from a friend who had it for 14 years.

According to him it is unrestored apart from the new HM300 exhaust, seat, SS spokes, gauges and the usual wear items.

I agree with you regarding stock builds, however. I learned my lessons tearing apart and modifying cars when I was a kid, only to dream now of having them back in stock form...

Intro...
Picked this up just before Thanksgiving weekend.
78 CB750K. 14k miles. Been sitting in, and next to a barn for 25 years, or more.
Goal is to get it back on the road as a reliable rider, and enjoy as an original survivor. Maybe put some flat bars, and give it a more muscle bike look. Not into the cafe racer thing, but I like the flatter lower rise bars better than these granny high-rise bars.
Seller already did some work on it, including changing oil, new plugs and wires, new battery, and he got rebuild kits and tore the carbs apart and cleaned them.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck trying to reassemble them. I might just take them in to the shop and have them reassemble and sync them.
Also discovered why the front brake lever wouldn't move... Yuck!
So while I'm waiting on a couple books to come (Haynes and Clymers) I've done some cleaning and polishing, and took the front brake caliper off and fought the piston and pad trying to get them out to check if the brake fluid had solidified in it also. It looks savable with a rebuild kit and new pads.
That's it for now. I may post up a wanted add for a brake lever / master cylinder, and possibly a caliper.
ON TRAILER.jpg
BOX OF PARTS.jpg
FADED SIDE OF TANK.jpg
GOOD SIDE OF TANK.jpg
JULIE ON BIKE.jpg
BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER YUCK.jpg

Caliper body may be salvageable, doubt piston will. You'll need new lines and of course a new MC, too. She's cutie - will be asking for her own bike before you know it. Better to have her own than ride behind some dude full of testosterone.

Get an original honda manual, haynes and clymer suck, have seen numerous errors. They also lack specifics, they often say or show a picture of something which isnt relative to a certain year or model. These manuals are cheaper then honda but you get what you pay for. Just go to ebay and get a different caliper and master cylinder, will be cheaper and less frustrating in the long run. With that amount of corrosion I seriously doubt the bore of master cylinder is even usable. Brake system isnt something you want to fix half way and say it will be good enough.

Back