• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Let's see your CB750

Sorry, I was referring to the wheels/tire combo on the Menace just in case that last reply didn't work correctly . Awesome looking ride !

My 82, its a Brat and is called Menace

View attachment 976

Have a look at the carbs, so much easier to dial 2 in than opposed to 4! Cycle X is the only shop selling the kit I think.

There are more pictures of the build and the bike in the Gallery

I love the chrome spoked/black rim combo....... Any suggestions or tips on doing mine that way?

Gorgeous.

View attachment 1611

Bought this bike in card board boxes. Doing everything in my garage. Its a learning experience for sure. The fender is cut and fit, just dont have a recent pic up. i know its not a show bike. But hope to have it screamin through Pittsburgh soon (regardless of the weather)

I just showed your bike to my wife,wondering how it is possible to get a motorcycle in that condition.It must have been outside all of it's life :wink2:

Your bike is what I dreamed/planned 1982,when I bought my K2.Now it's 2014,and the bike is still looking everything else,but chopper.Today,for me,to build a bike like Yours,would be so expensive that maybe I will keep it like it is now :thumbsup:

RE: Black rim & chrome spokes

I love the chrome spoked/black rim combo....... Any suggestions or tips on doing mine that way?

Gorgeous.

A few years back I helped a friend do this same look to his bike, Remove the spokes media blast the rim and have it powder coated and relace the wheel.

Thanks, I just got off a Supermoto before this bike and loved the feel of that F 17x3.5 R 17x5, stable quick to get to speed and plenty of tire choices. It may of also helped that a shop I knew of was selling a rim set.
Thanks glad ya like it.

Here's an updated pic of my "HondaHa" 1974 CB750 SOHC with a front end from a '81 XS650 including the 64 spoke wheel, caliper, disc, fender and forks. The update is the 64 spoke wheel and the floating / drilled disk.

hondaha3.jpg

hondaha4.jpg

this is a 78 i built that i am getting ready to remove the engine for a redo. dunno if i am going back with this chassis or after rebuilding this engine use it in a very very sad shape stock 75 that i am awaiting a title on before really getting into cleaning it up. the 75 has been sitting since 81 with a hole in the case where the chain busted it. it will need a lot but working on them is as much fun as riding them so decision decisions
004.jpg
[edit} crappy cell phone pics,but all i have for a camera

Last edited:
Hi all,
even though I'm not done I thought I would join this thread.
My very budget, very humble build, compared to most other builds on this site it's amateurish, don't laugh please.

CB750F Super Sport before 1.JPG
before (july 2013)

side view 2.jpg
a month ago

tank wing 1.jpg
waiting to go on soon.

Last edited:
Hi all,
even though I'm not done I thought I would join this thread.
My very budget, very humble build, compared to most other builds on this site it's amateurish, don't laugh please.

View attachment 3548
before (july 2013)

View attachment 3549
a month ago

View attachment 3550
waiting to go on soon.

Looks good Daren. Lots of guys here on pretty tight budgets. Just makes you more creative. I learned to weld, polish, and make brackets because I couldn't afford to have someone else do it.

Much appreciated, welding is one of those things I always wanted to learn but never seem to get the time.
Looking forward to seeing your finished project, looks sweet already, very clean.

Bought my first CB750four a week ago - 1975. Couldn't wait to strip all that road stuff off, found a nice bike underneath. Bit of a tune-up after sitting covered for a long time - I Love It! Been riding a 1971 CB350 for a long time, this is quite a change . . . but feels very familiar in a much bigger way.

Ordered stock bars and grips, headlight ring kit, and then onto recovering a seat I found locally.

3-12-14
CB750four.jpg

3-16-14
CB750four 3-16-14.jpg

Back