• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Let's see your CB750

I just purchased the CB750 chopper this week. It will be my next project.

fbfa09de8299aa5eb66c8e65512df3d6.jpg

I love it! Thats my kind of ride right there.

Dont see many high mount exhausts on 4 cylinder choppers thats for sure. Bet she gets a little warm by the legs

Dont see many high mount exhausts on 4 cylinder choppers thats for sure. Bet she gets a little warm by the legs

I've got shotgun drags on my v-twin bobber and they do get warm under my right leg sitting at a traffic light in the summertime. As far as this chopper goes it's just a pile of parts right now. The guy I bought it from never had it running. He made a bunch of stuff for the bike that I'm not going to use, the exhaust being one of them. I'm probably going to go with the classic 4 into 4 low slung drag pipes.

8bbf9f5f3d9f022a4cc8d56df313b52e.jpg
fe0242179929089f5b2cf554098481ed.jpg

Latest incarnation after two weeks of break down, cleaning, paint touch up, and engine swao

Attachments

• 8bbf9f5f3d9f022a4cc8d56df313b52e.jpg
    8bbf9f5f3d9f022a4cc8d56df313b52e.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 9
Did you have the engine apart? I looked at the picture more closely and looks like no oil at the wrist pin...looks discolored. Probably seized and broke the rod.

Did you have the engine apart? I looked at the picture more closely and looks like no oil at the wrist pin...looks discolored. Probably seized and broke the rod.

No, I hadn't.
It got ran over a few times before walked back looking for parts.
The piston smashed the end of the spark plug, so it was still moving at least that much.
I still have the broke engine and plan on tearing it down, rebuilding, and learning from it. "Going Haynes on it"

Keep posting what you find, interested in the insides once you get it apart. I would like to help determine what made it fail. What kind of rebuild you going for? You know for a fact you are going to need a set of cases(have to replace as sets as they are matched), rods(have to use matched weights and wouldnt trust the old ones now that one broke) , pistons(time for big bore!!), probably some cylinder head work( probably bent the valves and possibly damaged the chamber) now maybe a crank(depending on where it lost oil pressure and if part of the rod is still hanging on there). I would suggest looking for a donor motor.

And get a factory honda manual...best manual on the market and money well spent even though they are more expensive...too many errors in the "other" brand manuals. Any questions let me know, I can help you pick parts and suggest on what to do on the insides. I have some parts here and there too I may part with.

I know it sucks but now its just an excuse to build the motor the way you want it.

Keep posting what you find, interested in the insides once you get it apart. I would like to help determine what made it fail. What kind of rebuild you going for? You know for a fact you are going to need a set of cases(have to replace as sets as they are matched), rods(have to use matched weights and wouldnt trust the old ones now that one broke) , pistons(time for big bore!!), probably some cylinder head work( probably bent the valves and possibly damaged the chamber) now maybe a crank(depending on where it lost oil pressure and if part of the rod is still hanging on there). I would suggest looking for a donor motor.

And get a factory honda manual...best manual on the market and money well spent even though they are more expensive...too many errors in the "other" brand manuals. Any questions let me know, I can help you pick parts and suggest on what to do on the insides. I have some parts here and there too I may part with.

I know it sucks but now its just an excuse to build the motor the way you want it.

Donor motor is already in the frame.
Have a replacement case and will be getting the cylinders, pistons, and rods that go with it. Going to build it up stock so that I know how- while ordering parts to go big.
Where is a good source to get a Honda manual?

Donor motor is already in the frame.
Have a replacement case and will be getting the cylinders, pistons, and rods that go with it. Going to build it up stock so that I know how- while ordering parts to go big.
Where is a good source to get a Honda manual?

Start a new thread, so we can follow.

Watch ebay for the manual, dont get chilton or haynes...factory honda only. Im sure you can find them online but I like to have a paper manual so I can keep it on my bench. What year of motor are you building?

Watch ebay for the manual, dont get chilton or haynes...factory honda only. Im sure you can find them online but I like to have a paper manual so I can keep it on my bench. What year of motor are you building?

I have a Haynes, and Hondaman's book.
It's a 1978 750K.
Found PSFs of the manuals - will download and print. [emoji6]

Last edited:
Hondamans book is the best but most people dont want to spend the money for it so I dont even mention it anymore.

If its a K then it will be cheaper to build then if it was a F, which was why I was asking.

Hondamans book is the best but most people dont want to spend the money for it so I dont even mention it anymore.

If its a K then it will be cheaper to build then if it was a F, which was why I was asking.

Uncle Sam and the IRS bought me H-man's book LOL
K vs F = good news

Ive chatted with hondaman several times, very smart and in my opinion the best with stock 750's, aftermarket and big bore not really his specialty but still a good source of information.

The F will make more power but takes a lot more money to make it reliable...they have issues with the valve train. The K is just a plain solid foundation...after some modifications.

Back