• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Let's see your CB750

Hi Members.
Here's my '78 CB750K. I just got the carbs cleaned out and installed. I've been riding it around the apartment complex irritating the neighbors while I work on getting the title transferred to SC and new plate.
I'd get pulled over on the old ones still on the bike, they were renewed in '10. The registration sticker sticks out like a sore thumb or I'd chance it on the road.
100_2043.jpg100_2042.jpg

View attachment 1080 View attachment 1081 View attachment 1082

It is a 1975 HONDA CB750F. I fitted a 2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 front end and rear swingarm to the CB750 frame. I had Sled Alley Hotrods in Clinton Twp. MI. smooth down the entire frame and metal finish any imperfections so I could have it chromed. He (Thanks Matt) also made the midpipe for the stock CB750 exhaust so I could fit the M4 pipe, did all of the finish welding of the suspension brackets, modified the oil tank to fit and got rid of the hole in the rear of the tank that the stock seat would normally cover. I did all of the wiring new from scratch and put all of the electrical on the back of the bike so the tail would cover all that ugliness. The tail that I chose is from Airtech-Streamlining. It is called a Universal Bimoto Tail. I also decided on the "WAVE" headlight for the front. I wanted to keep a raw look and thought it went well. All oil lines and brake lines are stainledd and chrome. Probably the most challenging part was the drivetrain. I had a stock CB sprocket modified with an offset and shaved about an inch and a half off of the rear sprocket carrier to move the chain in. I then had to convert to a 520 O-Ring set up because there was ZERO room. It ended up working out perfect and I didnt have to run a jackshaft(lucky). After all of that fun stuff, I polished all of my engine case covers and valve cover, had her painted and decaled wih real 22k goldleaf stickers(My son's initials) and cleared over. That's a wrap! Hope you like it, and NICE BIKE everyone!

I like it! I'm getting ready to do much the same (suspension wise) to my '78K, with CBR900 wheels forks swingarm. Would like to see how yours went together. If you're out riding on the west side, I'm in Brighton, would love to go for a ride and check out your sled.

Last spring we sold my wife's cb650. She really misses it, so for our anniversary I bought her a 1975 CB750. She reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Homer bought Marge a bowling ball with his name on it. I assured her that she can make all the design choices.
EBayPic1.jpg

I am planning on a Pamco Ignition and usualy handleing upgrades. Other than that, she wants to keep it stock.

Attachments

• EBayPic1.jpg
    EBayPic1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 255
Well, I got two CB750's. A '74 CB750K-4 and a DOHC '81 CB750C:

cb750.jpg

cb750custom2.jpg

I know, the CB750 Custom looks like an old mans bike. Backrest....windshield....poor mans highway pegs....cargo rack with removable lock box...etc. But I like it. The back rest slides all the way back to the lock box so me and my bride can take those long leisurely trips in comfort. I installed a 38 tooth rear sprocket to get the revs to calm down. Successfully replaced the stock air box with pods, even though the experts will say it can't be done. No more all night cursing sessions when I want to remove the carbs.

Both of these beauties have a PAMCO ignition system, of course. The CB750K has been around for a couple of years. The CB750 Custom is a work in progress. It works just fine, but not ready for prime time.

The pipes on the CB750C are Mac 4 to 2, but with my own custom baffles as the sound of the stock Macs is awful, IMHO. Not meaning to say bad things about Mac pipes, because the pipes on the CB750K are also Mac 4 to 2 and they look and sound great! I think it may be because the SOHC was around longer and Mac was able to develop the mufflers to a higher degree.

The longer wheelbase, bigger tires and more weight, along with the "pump up" forks really make the CB750C my favorite. The ride is incredible. I always feel stable and under control, especially with those dual disk front brakes.

When I'm not riding the CB750C, I take the CB750K-4 for a spin, just to feel young again, and, boy, talk about revitalization! The CB750K-4 will pull your arms off with it's torque! Great bike. Handles well, although a little choppy compared to the CB750C. The original Crotch Rocket.

Attachments

• cb750.jpg
    cb750.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 250
IMG_2055.jpg

76 750F. I actually like the look of it now, but as a mechanic I can't leave well enough alone. I'm gonna bob the seat, lower the front, and fix everything that's broken.

Well, I was unhappy with what I consider a harsh ride on my '74 CB750K-4 due to the stiff forks, so I decided to install a set of forks from a Yamaha XS650 because I have an '81 XS650 and I think the ride is smoother.

Here is the result...my HondaHa:

hondaha.jpg

The forks, wheel and brake caliper and disk are Yamaha XS650. The other reason for doing this is because of the availability of new parts for the XS650 from www.mikesxs.com The caliper and chrome fender are new from Mikes. He also has a selection of new fork tubes, springs, calipers, pads and master cylinders, so if I don't like the setup I now have, I can experiment with different springs and lengths of fork tubes. I also installed a Stainless Steel one piece brake line from Spiegler.

So far I like the results. Smoother ride and better braking, and I like the new more modern look as well. No mods required, except for a small amount of grinding on the speedo gear box. Everything just bolts right in place and the speedo works just fine due to the standardization of speedos and tachs for Japanese bikes..

Attachments

• hondaha.jpg
    hondaha.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
DSCN0386.JPGDSCN0542.JPGIM002600.JPGIM002618.JPG9cad.jpgDSCN0274.JPG

I have bought, repaired and sold over 200 CB750s Greppers bike above was one of mine. Chances are some of the bikes you guys love came from me. over 5000 ebay auctions closed. M pal and partner died last month, CB750CAL. I have lost most of my pictures, but here is some we still own, My son Mike, and I have several more, another 72 brown, a 76, a 78, and 80.
The candy gold 72 has 4200 actual miles on it

The newer forks and brake setup from the dohc 750s bolt right in to the old 750's also. They have the caliper behind the fork as well and still on the left side. Cycle X has different spring and fork tubes available too. Not saying what you did is bad or wrong just letting you know there are a lot of "Honda" options out there too. I guess I am just die hard Honda :)

dirtdigger,

Well, I got the spare set of forks when I bought the '81 XS650 a few years ago. They were in perfect shape and I still don't know why the PO included them in the deal, so having a free set of XS650 forks and knowing what they were like because I have a XS650 is why I ended up installing them on my CB750K-4. But you may want to check out the parts and pricing for XS650's for these types of parts on www.mikesxs.com

I also have a CB750C DOHC so I am familiar with its ride, and it's fantastic because the Custom has those air assist forks. Great ride, but the rim is for a 110/90 - 19 tire rather than the 100/90 - 19 tire that is stock on both the XS650 and the CB750K-4.

Because I have a XS650, I was able to borrow the wheel and axle to try on the CB750K-4 without a front brake and ride it around the block a couple of times over some bumpy roads to be sure there was an improvement before I invested in all the other parts needed to complete the job.

This all started when in a moment of weakness I went and did a test ride of a new Triumph Bonneville T100. Never owned a new bike. I really liked the ride and the acceleration of the Triumph, but as I was riding it, I thought to myself that it sure felt familiar. Then it hit me. My '74 CB750K-4 rides the same and has the same arm pulling acceleration but it has a harsh ride. So now I have the ride and feel of a brand new Triumph just by fixing the harshness on the Honda.

Nice bikes cyclebuster, the pic of the bike with the tracy body is nice. I have a 72 with an original fiberglass works body done cafe style , nice to see another!👍

Back