• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Finally worked out electrical bugs..now no high beam

SVguy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So this is a two part question and yes I searched first.

1. I set up the front (LED) turn signals as both running lights and signals, got the 3 wire conversion, resistors and got it all squared away finally. SO I am about to stuff it all back in the headlight bucket and I have the light on but suddenly the high beam goes out. Checked grounds, connections and switches..still no love. So part 1- is there anything other than replacing the light that I can check before i do so..
part 2- this is a sealed unit, does anyone know a source to find the replacement? Service Honda does not have, fleabay has all kinds of junk.

Side note-waiting for my new fuel line and then shes ready to fire up again.. I did a test run the other night but the fuel lines I was using to test it and the new fuel valve were slightly too big and I don't like gas leaking near motors I am testing so I am going to fire it up and have a bunch of rebuild pics up this weekend. Thanks for any help with the headlight-

is this a stock headlite? if so you can get a 7" round hi-lo halogen at the auto parts store for around ten bucks or less. been running them for years although they are automotive.i cannot recall the number but they were used on older trucks that had the single headlites on each side. as for hi beam,,was it working any?? usually when it doesnt if not blown you have hi and lo beam wires touching each other somehow or grounding together in the handlebar narness.

Last edited:
Yea, its the stocker as far as I know. PO did a lot of hack work but it seems as if all the electrical is OEM. Yes it did work, and then just blinked out while I was tidying up the bucket and preparing to re-assemble. I will run to the parts house over by my work at lunch and check for a replacement. Thanks man, I appreciate the help.

The only thing I can think of other than just an old burned out unit is the fact that I am powering the running lights from the 12v hot wire that was not being used inside the bucket rather than the dedicated running light wires. This way I can get the signals and running light functionality out of the front LEDs..Ill put up some pics today and thanks again.

Last edited:
I will check that out, couldn't get out to go to the store today anyway so I have time this afternoon to find it.
FYI, your name makes me miss my Grand Prix.. I loved that car.

Thanks for the tip.

I will check that out, couldn't get out to go to the store today anyway so I have time this afternoon to find it.
FYI, your name makes me miss my Grand Prix.. I loved that car.

Thanks for the tip.

Miss mine too. Raced it at Road American and a couple of times in open road races in Nevada. Had it up to 151 mph (4600 rpm) at one point. Shown here in full regalia at the Des Moines Car Show.

Attachments

• DSMcarshow1.jpg
    DSMcarshow1.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 125
Damn, looks good. Yea I had the white coupe, used to love running that thing but missed driving a manual so I sold it and bought an 04 GTO, all I had left to do to the goat was throw on a supercharger but wifey didn't think that was a great way to spend $6k with the baby on the way. Stripped it down and sold/traded all my go fast stuff and sold that too. sticking with bike builds for now, waiting for my CL65 to become a reality..

Damn, looks good. Yea I had the white coupe, used to love running that thing but missed driving a manual so I sold it and bought an 04 GTO, all I had left to do to the goat was throw on a supercharger but wifey didn't think that was a great way to spend $6k with the baby on the way. Stripped it down and sold/traded all my go fast stuff and sold that too. sticking with bike builds for now, waiting for my CL65 to become a reality..

You had a GTO and you missed the GTP? I would have loved to put some time in the GTO. Sold all my fast stuff about 8 years ago so I feel your pain. Couple of other pictures including the grid at the open road race in Nevada.

Attachments

• 155_Kevins_GTP.jpg
    155_Kevins_GTP.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 135
  • DSMcarshow.jpg
    DSMcarshow.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 123
Back