• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1976 CB750 F1 center stand

Daren

Daren
Reaction score
OK, this is a rather silly problem but maybe someone has a solution. I'm a small short guy, I couldn't place both feet on the ground in the saddle with stock height, plus I like lower bikes. So I passed the forks through the triple tree by 2" and got 11" shocks for the rear. Now I can ride like the bike actually fits me.......but guess what. The center stand is now too long and with my slight build I can't get the bike up onto it, the proper balance/pivot point has been modified. I'm planning on getting rid of it once the bike is running for day rides but would like the option of using it while I am working on the bike or taking it out overnight and needing to park it safely. I read a post where someone keeps a piece of rebar or pipe around and inserts it to attach the center stand to work on the bike and easily removes it with no tools needed. I've also read the post about using a plank under the rear wheel, not an option when you are out and about. Does anyone know if other models are shorter and compatible? The F1 stand is 11-1/4". Oddly the kickstand still keeps the bike in a safe position whether the bars are turned left or right.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
Back