• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1991 CB750 Nighthawk , Rarely shows Neutral Light , Hard to change gears.

Jayboy74

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello again Everyone. I got shut out by the weather last fall , Its been a rough winter so far here so i have not been able to do much tomy bike. If you get a chance look at my other thread , My 1991 cb750 had alot of issues that thanks to you guys and gals i was able to get fixed. I have done all the work so far myself and i would like to continue to do the work myself if i can.

Things I have done so far

Rebuilt and bench synced carbs
Replaced Gas Tank and Petcock
replaced front wheel , tire and forks
Found and corrected wiring issues
Replaced starter solenoid
Replaced headlight

I still have a couple of nagging issues with my CB750

The Neutral Light rarely comes on, I can use my hand and move the shifter slowly and never get it to come on, then all of a sudden it comes on. The gears are hard to change from first by foot if i am in first pull it up by hand. The bike has been a project of mine and it has the original oil from about 4 or 5 years ago. I had planned on changing it once the carbs are synced and i am ready to ride it , Could the oil be causing the issue?

Very Cold Natured ..

The bike starts pretty easily and will idle ok but if i try to give it any throttle until it is totally warmed up it stumbles and sometimes even kills the engine. Once warmed totally up it seems ok. I have adjusted the idle screw back and forth while cold to see if i could get it to rev while cold with no luck. Once warmed up i have it set to idle around 1200 rpm. I rebuilt the carbs and bench synced them but i have not done a real sync yet. Could this be an issue caused by carbs being out of sync?

I really appreciate any help i can get with these issues. I am hoping to take it for a test ride sometime when it warms up.

Back