• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Gas Tanks

Brennan

trying to build
Reaction score
Hi…I'm new to this here place.

I have a 1980 CB750 C DOHC that i've just begun to work on. She runs great and is in great shape for starting a project.

I'm wondering what super sport gas tanks will match up with it. Is there are any of the 1976-81 bikes that will bolt right on?
if not what is the best fit if you want that beautiful flat top tank?

-brennan

100% different bike starting in 1979 so nothing earlier will fit.

Thanks for the heads up dirt digger. any recommendations on what year ss tanks are a good match up or where to find them? ebay had a few but most of them were pretty pitted or expensive. and great job on that hard tail!

Ebay is going to be your best bet for oem honda tanks. The 750 C has a different tank from the K and F. 79 through 82 are going to be the only years that will fit without you having to do some custom work. Thanks for the complement on my bike. Getting a new bigger motor soon!

1978 (my bike '78 CB750K) was 'last year' of straight tanks, before honda started "dropping" them.

check out photo's of 1978 to 1979.

you would have to compensate for height and frame distance/drop and custom modify a "insert plate adjustment mount" if I can say it that way.

my2cents

hope it helps, good intentions on my end.

be safe out there.

Lar

Back