• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Crush Gasket Replacement

DSlo

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My Exhaust gaskets were recently replaced last year. I took my pipes off to do some exhaust rapping. Do I need to change my crush/exhaust gaskets each time I take my pipes off or since I changed them last year I should be ok? Thanks for the help!

Real stupid question. If I put a new set in should I still use some high temp silicone to put the exhaust back in. Ended up ordering some new rings just in case. DD, thanks for saving me each time I have an issue. Hoping to be able to show you the final product soon enough.

New gaskets shouldn't need anything but a little wont hurt. When I was an auto tech we used ultra copper rtv on everything related to exhaust just to eliminate any comebacks for exhaust leaks....never had any. I have sealed stubborn cheap automotive headers with just ultra copper rtv. But on these you should be ok putting them together dry unless you had an issue the last time.

DD, thanks again for the help. The funny thing is the exhaust had two layers of crush gaskets from its former owner. Cleaned them all up and put a new set on with a little silicone. Another problem on the bike fixed.

Back