• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

is this a good buy and what should i look for?

1980_750four

CB750 New member
Reaction score
ok so this is my question?
i am looking at purchasing a 1980 cb750 off of craigslist. the listing says it has just under 11000 miles and they want $1200 for it. this will be my first motorcycle ever. Im 32 and a bigger guy so i think these bikes would make a good starter bike. is this a good price? and i am going to look at the bike next week. what should i look for. im worried that with such low miles it may not have been ran recently and may need some things to get it ready for the road. i talked to the seller and he said it needs absolutely nothing but i just want to be safe...

here is a link to the ad
http://williamsport.craigslist.org/mcy/4312895861.html

please let me know what u think

He's asking top dollar at $1200 for this area, im right down the road from Willamsport in Hanover. From the listing pics it looks like it needs some cosmetic atttention and i see it has pod air filters, they dont work well with the cv type carbs , if you get it i would suggest going back to stock air box and save all the headaches with pods. If i were looking at it i would offer $800 to start, springs still a long way off and bikes dont sell well around here in mid winter.

Back