• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My '75 CB750 project

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Well here she is. I finally got around to pulling this out of the shed the other day.

attachment.php

I know it's really rough, and that's why I've been neglecting to start this project. And I have other project bikes I need to finish. I got it real cheap last fall. It has a title but the guy I got it from said the engine was locked up. The kicker wouldn't move.

So the other day I dragged it out and got three of the spark plugs out after several rounds of penetrating oil. The last one is moving but it's very tight and I don't want to break it (been there, it sucks). So I've been spraying oil in the cylinders and took the stator cover off and the engine turns over! Wooot! Now the kicker moves as well. It actually moves pretty easily. When I get a spare minute, I'll get the other plug out and check the compression. I was expecting to rebuild the engine and will still probably have to, but I'm curious to see where I'm at with it now.

I don't know how quickly I'll be moving on this project. I'm notorious for having some projects last years and others only a couple of months. This week I need to put a new engine in my boat and since I want to get out on the water with it soon, that project comes first.

I would like to turn it into a cafe bike, but we'll see where it ends up.

Wish I could find some good deals on some 750s up my way but you never seem to see them up here anymore. Everybody must be hanging on to them letting them rust away in there backyard or something.

Yeah kind of like this one. It's been sitting since 1990 and the guy finally decided to get it out of his pole barn.

Hey!! looks like the beast that I just got from NY, I guess those seats were real popular then, I look beyond all the fade and rust and see an updated classic.

Dude....just last week I had a 1971 CB750 with 7,400 miles GIVEN to me. I gotta jump through the hoops for a title, and it's been picked over, but what is there is decent, like the stock pipes....just a ding on one of the heat shields, the motor still shines, no rust (been stored indoors its entire life)

However....the bars....they gotta go! Era correct chopper bars that make just moving it around in my shop a chore. They are similar to a garden tiller or snowblower! Maybe we should put our parts together Travis?

and HELL YA, I posted this to brag!.....JEALOUS? (kidding)
I need parts, anyone got spares? The classifieds are a bit thin. (so is the online garage sale)

Ebay for parts, its a shame how many 750 have been gutted to make a buck on there but you can find about anything for the 750. What are you looking for for parts?

Yes I hate you! :devil: If you have most of a bike, and I have a complete bike, we should probably stick with two bikes. Then when we get them done we can ride together. At the rate I finish projects that will be around 2017. :laugh:

You should look for another parts bike on Craigslist. Or post a want ad on Craigslist saying you want a parts bike. I've had good luck with want ads.

Back