• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Point Gap

When I ran points I used stock honda spec .012 to .016" or .3 to .4mm I will never think about running points again though as the electronic ignitions make a world of difference in the way they run. Make sure the points are clean and not burnt when checking point gap. No compensation is needed.

Just the standard Dyna S right now but will get a setup from Cycle X as soon as money allows. Even with just the Dyna setup the motor just plain runs better then with the points.

Did ya rebuild the motor first? I wanna run one of Cycle X ignitions but I wanna rebuild the engine before I spend the money, I think.
I'm leery of putting a good high performance part on a nearly 40 year old engine & breaking something because...well...its too nice.

I have run dynas on stock and built motors. My dad runs one on his stock original 750. The 750's are a strong motor and I would not have a problem putting any performance parts on an old motor as long as it checks out mechanically sound. The Cycle X ignition won't hurt your old motor, a good ignition system is worth every penny. IMO

Tons over on XS650.com. They've been out for over 4 years for the XS650 and are probably the most popular ignition for it. They haven't been out as long for the Honda's, but use the same components so I know they're proven.

Back