• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

price of a new honda

theTractorman63

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I was just wandering if any members bought a new 750 back in the 70,s? I have a 74 and would like to know what the price was new, what kaw and yamaha was selling that made you decide to buy honda? thancks for any info.

I didn't because I wasn't born yet lol My dad did though and they were in the $1500 range depending on dealer when they first came out.

well I was 11 Just thought their. might be some old timers that might share their stories. Plus it,s 8 degrees i,m waiting on parts and i,m not going out side HAHA!!!

I worked at a Honda shop in 1969 I was 16. If I remember right we were getting $1,495.00 for CB-750 at first. I bought a new 1971 CL-450 for $845.00. In 1972 I bought a used 1969 CB-750 with a custom black pearl paint job with red penstripes and Hooker header for $945.00.

Last edited:
Its a balmy 13 degrees here right now up from -5 last night....Im not going outside either! I'm waitin on parts too:doh:

joep Don,t we wish we had them all back. My favorite bike was a sl-70 I got for christmas in about 1972 untill I bouight a 1978 kz-1000 the world changed it was the fasted thing I was ever on:)

The wife and I went for a ride a week ago on the 1100 Shadow it was 60 degrees and now it 18 degrees and a chance of snow!

I'm in the North West part of Arkansas about 30 miles from Oklahoma and about 35 from Missouri the west side of the Ozark. A nice place to ride bikes.

i bought a new hon 750 in 1974 for 1400 or 1500 ttl,traded it in in 75 for a new truimph trident which gave me nothing but aggravation. in 76 i got a semi running 45 solo,,1942 model, rebuilt it and then life went kind of crazy for a few deacdes after that. shure was a good time and as much as i miss the good ol days sometimes, i am glad they are done.

i am in mid lousiana and it may only snow here twice in a decade,,we are having the third one in a week right now. grrrr. winter sucks!!! i know you northern people are probably laughing at that but we are not even acclimated to it in the least down here.

Back