• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hey everyone!

Andy

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would check out the new site. Gotta love the CB750. It's the original muscle bike!

I have a Rebel 450 my son and I are building for my wife, an XS650 next in line for me, and then who knows? Four of everything is a lot of time and expense, but what a machine.

I'm looking forward to all of the builds, stories and cool pics!:D

I know this is the 750 site, but I'll show you what I've got goin on. I haven't found a good site for the 450, they only made them for two years so there's not many around. We had it somewhat mocked up last week, now it's down to the frame, going out for blasting and powder coating tommorow.

frame.jpghonda.jpg

We have two complete engines, one has 6000 miles and no compression on one side, the other has 35,000 miles and a clutch problem and a few stripped out tapped holes. We'll definitely get one good one out of the two.

I just picked up the Yamaha a couple of weeks ago. It's a project that someone else took apart and never went any further with it. It hasn't been chopped, but came with a TC hardtail and a bunch of spare parts. It's got kind of a cafe look to it. I kind of like it, I think I'm just going to put it back together and ride it for awhile. My son has an interest in it also. We'll see what happens. Probably won't mess with it until summer. Want to finish the Honda first.

yamie.jpg

Beyond that one of my sons drives a KLX, the other drives a Suzuki 650 Savage, and the wife and I have a Harley cruiser. We have worked on all of them at one time or another and they all have their own unique qualities.

harley.jpgkawi.jpg

Ride on!

Nice. Quite the difference going from that Harley to a CB450 or XS650. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0080.jpg
    DSCN0080.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 233
The wife and I spend a lot of time on the Harley in the summer. It doesn't leave the house without her. It's very comfortable and she loves it as much as I do. It's not too fancy, and we like it that way.

She is learning to ride and the Honda will be hers. Once I have the Yamaha back together, we will cruise short trips together on those.

The projects provide a nice way for my son and I to spend some time together. It's also a great learning experience for both of us.

Back