• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Mikuni twin carbs

i have not done it but met/talked with someone that has. he loved it eventually, but it was a pain in the ass and pocketbook to get there. it is easier to sync after finally getting the jetting correct but it did not work well out of the box with the stock ign system so he had to upgrade that to an elec as well using hotter coils before he was sastified and he also had to manf brackets to support the carb weight on each side.

i also knew someone that had a old early goldwing and he manf a single manifold,put a adjustable main jet solex carb from a veedub for less than a hundred and it worked great.

Are you looking for more performance oriented carbs or just something to replace your stuck ones? You can find rebuilt stock carbs for less then the duel carb setup or buy a used set and still rebuild them for less. If you are looking for more performance carbs there are better choices then the twin carb setups.

A replacement for my seized carbs primarily.
I have looked around for another set of stock carbs, no luck yet.
I am a hydraulic fitter by trade, so stripping down and rebuilding is not a concern to me.
The bike I own has not been running for some time and it has sat out in the weather for I would say the better part of 10 years.
The choke shaft is non operational, 2 of the throttle slides are stuck and damaged, I have not gone further than a quick look at them on the bench.
Let me know of any replacement carbs I can rebuild and I will give it a go.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

i have a good set of 77-78 carbs i would sell you off a running bike i would just carb clean them first

dansoar can have first dibs on the carbs but if he cant use them I may be looking for a set in the near future:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, you are awesome.
Today I had a spare hour or so, and I spent it on attacking those stock carbs.
We'll spent time I reckon, as I have freed up both vac slides which were seized, some foreign crap in the slides. I cleaned em up with some lube and 1200 grit wet n dry. They come up a treat.
I think that as is the case with most of the rest of the bike they just need dome time and TLC.
Just for a comparison how much would you be asking for those carbs you have mentioned cafeken?

dansoar, should have asked earlier but what year is this bike? If you have vacuum slides then the 77,78 carbs are different carbs and wont fit.

Back